Intellinet Fast Ethernet Media Converter – 10/100Base-TX to 100Base-FX (SC) Multi-Mode, 2 km (1.24 mi), Data transfer rate: 100 Mbps, One 10/100Base-TX RJ45 port, maximum distance 100 m / 300 ft, RJ45 port with Auto MDI/MDI-X support and auto-negotiation, Retail Box, 2 year Limited Warranty
The Intellinet Network Solutions Fast Ethernet Media Converter was specifically designed to offer the network designer a device for migration from copper-based Ethernet to Fiber Ethernet. Now migration or expansion of existing networks can be achieved with minimum cost and complexity. The converter is completely transparent to the network so the network performs exactly the way it did before – only now it can support both copper and fiber mediums.Network managers can install fiber cabling anywhere within a network without changing the arrangement of copper-based Ethernet. The compact size of the converter allows it to be easily deployed in any narrow desktop location or to be used in a wall-mount installation. Several converters can be simultaneously installed into a 19″ rack-mountable chassis.
Provides fiber connectivity to Ethernet segments, allowing for even further networking expansion between extended workgroups. Also provides building-to-building connectivity without the need for the cost and disruption associated with the installation of additional routers.Connecting the converter to fiber segments can further extend distances between networking nodes. This can be achieved by direct connection between the converter and a fiber-based node or networking device.
• Data transfer rate: 100 Mbps
• One 10/100Base-TX RJ45 port, maximum distance 100 m / 300 ft.
• RJ45 port with Auto MDI/MDI-X support and auto-negotiation
• One 100Base-FX multi-mode Fiber SC duplex port
• Fiber distance support: up to 2 km / 1.24 mi (62.5/125 or 50/125 µm cable)
• Wavelength: 1310 nm
• Flow control
• Status LEDs for power and Link/TX for both ports
• External power adapter, 5 V DC
• Functions as a stand-alone converter or can be used with the 14-slot media converter chassis, model 507356
• Product Code: 506502